The IT industry in India accounted for 7.5% of the country’s GDP in the financial year 2023. The industry has played a significant role in India’s socio-economic growth, so much so that it could be the future driver of modern India. However, the industry is currently facing a staffing crisis as the number of skilled people entering the workforce is failing to keep pace with demand. Despite this, India remains the largest explorer of IT in the world economy.
Future of IT sector in India
The future of IT sector in India looks promising, with many opportunities for IT professionals to develop their skills and advance their careers. According to a report by Network Kings, several trends are likely to shape the future of the IT industry in India in the coming years. Some of these trends are:
1. Increased adoption of digital technologies such as cloud computing, data analytics, and artificial intelligence (AI).
2. Growing demand for cybersecurity professionals to protect against cyber threats.
3. The rising importance of data science.
4. Greater use of agile methodologies.
5. Remote work and the gig economy.
6. Increased focus on digital skills such as coding, data analysis, and machine learning.
According to India Study Channel, the IT sector shows very good future prospects, and many companies have tied up with foreign investors to develop business in the IT sector. IT is expected that the growth rate in the IT sector will increase by 20% over the next decade.
It is worth noting that the situation in the IT sector can change rapidly, so it’s always a good idea to stay updated with the latest news and developments from reliable sources.
For more information on IT Services, Web Applications & Support kindly call or WhatsApp at +91-9733733000 or you can visit https://www.technodg.com